The Literary Counsellor nominated me for the Liebster Award forever ago. In reality it was only a week ago, but it feels much longer then that.
Here are the rules:
- Each nominee must have under 200 followers
- Thank and link to the nominated blog
- Answer their 10 questions and propose 10 new ones for your nominees
- Nominate 10 blogs and tell them that they have been nominated
- Write a post containing the questions
- Include these rules in the post
Not to hard. So let’s get to those questions now.
1. What made you want to start blogging?
Initially or this time? This time..truth be told, I was intrigued by the prospect of free to review books from Netgalley. I also needed a new hobby, and this totally counts, right?
2. What was your favorite book as a child?
Harry Potter. It’s what got me into reading to begin with. I grew up with it. My second grade teacher started reading it to us one day, and I was so interested I made my mom go out and buy me the first two books. I started High School with the 7th book release and finished High School with the 8th movie release. It was just timed out perfectly in that part.
3. If you could recommend only one book for me to read, what would it be?
This is always a terrible question. How can I just think of one great book? I would have to say…from the books currently on my bookshelf, The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. It was been 4 years since I’ve read it, but I can always picture the imagery she uses.
4. What and where is your favorite bookstore, and why?
I mainly go to Wal-Mart or Target for my books, because they are close. If I am at the mall, I check out Barnes and Noble. A Half Priced Books opened up last month, and my friend got me a gift card for my birthday, so I will need to check that out. I realize this doesn’t really answer the question. I’d not a huge fan of completely used bookstores. I never find what I’m looking for, nor do I find something I’m completely interested in enough to buy.
5. What hobbies do you have other than reading?
I watch a lot of T.V., does that count? Truth be told I don’t have very many hobbies that stick.
6. If you could have one magical/mythical animal as a pet, what would it be?
Phoenix. Hands down. No thought about it.
7. How do you decide if you want to read a book or not?
I judge books by their covers. 100%. If the cover is pretty, I’m going to buy it. It may sit on my shelf for the next 4 years. Like The Song of Ice and Fire series. I may read it right when I get home. How I decide that is if I am feeling it at the certain point in time. I can’t really describe the feeling, but it’s just a “Yeah. This is the book I will read next.” feeling.
8. You inherited a bookstore (Congratulations!) but you have to change the name. What do you call it?
Noooooo. I suck at names. My husband had a large hand in deciding our son’s name. I would probably just call it Bookstore if it was a used one. That’s what a lot of used bookstores here are called.
9. What was your least favorite book to read in school and why?
I COULD NOT STAND LORD OF THE FLIES. And Animal Farm, but I at least read that. I did not read Lord of the Flies at all. It was boring and slow. Did I mention boring?
10. If you could visit Hogwarts (the fictional version) or Narnia, but not both, which would you choose and why?
I would choose Hogwarts of course. I wasn’t a huge fan of the Chronicles of Narnia as I was the Harry Potter series. So that is why.
I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO TELL IF A BLOG HAS UNDER 200 FOLLOWERS. PLEASE LET ME KNOW, THEN I WILL NOMINATE PEOPLE. THANK YOU.