1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I usually read on the couch in the living room. Or if I am reading late at night it’s in my bed. Simple places.
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Bookmark when I have one, which is usually all the time now. But I didn’t used to have any, so it would just be a random piece of paper.
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/a certain amount of pages?
It depends on why I am stopping. If I am going to bed, I prefer the end of the chapter. If I have to go do something right at that minute, like if my son needs me, I just shut the book and pick it back up where I left it. When I have to stop abruptly, I can usually get back to the book pretty quickly though.
4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
I usually drink throughout the day, so it just depends on if I am thirsty or not.
5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?
I have to because of my son and husband. But if it was just me at home. Complete silence. I get distracted easily. Like right now I am getting distracted by Burlesque on TV.
6. One book at a time or several at once?
I usually just read one book at a time. Unless I am stuck on a certain book, then I will read something to help me get through it.
7. Reading at home or everywhere?
Everywhere. When I was in high school I would read in class. Going to class. On the bus to and from school. Now I just mostly read at home, because it’s hard to juggle a child and reading in public.
8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
In my head. Of course. I stutter when I read out loud. It sucks honestly.
9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
I am SO guilty of reading ahead. And spoiling things for myself. But I never skip things…intentionally. Sometimes I have to go back and read a few pages again though.
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
Never on purpose! A spine is going to get worn out from reading a book over and over. But I will never crack the spine on purpose.
11. Do you write in your books?
No. If I did I will be wondering what that remark was about when I go back and read it again. Besides. I think it’s a sin to write in books!